Smile Design Dental Care is looking to hire a part time Registered Dental Hygienist for evenings, 2 days a week. We have 4 locations: Downtown Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Stoney creek East and Binbrook.
The ideal RDH will have a fun and caring personality, the ability to multitask, be a team player, and is someone who can provide gentle professional care to our patients.
Please see job description below and if interested, e-mail a copy of your resume.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession.
- Take x-rays and intra-oral pictures.
- Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Must be Registered and in good standing
Knowledge of Dentrix software preferred, but not required
Job Types: Part-time, 3 days a week 3-9PM Monday, Wednesday & Saturday