Agency: Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health
Status: 1 to 2 days per week for the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
Location: Guelph and/or Orangeville, Ontario
Date Posted: August 15, 2022
Date closing: September 6, 2022
Number of positions: 1
$85.00 – $100.00 per hour
4 to 14 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Dental Services, is responsible for providing clinical dental services for publicly-funded Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (ODSCP); providing clinical advice and direction to the clinical support staff working in the clinic; recommending and performing oral examinations; formulating treatment plans, informing/obtaining consent from clients and families of treatment plans and liaising with community partners and external stakeholders to promote oral health and access to our services. The incumbent must be comfortable treating seniors who may present with complex medical histories.
- Provides a broad range of basic dental treatment, such as dental restorations, extractions, oral hygiene procedures, root canal treatment on selected teeth.
- Performs emergency dental procedures.
- Formulates comprehensive treatment plans, informs client and families of treatment plans and obtains consent for treatment.
- Obtains, verifies and applies medical history prior to treatment by consulting with family members and client’s primary care provider when necessary.
- Refers clients to specialists when required and communicate with other health care providers regarding the individual if necessary.
- Receives referrals from private dental and medical providers and makes referrals to other appropriate dental practices and specialists. Builds referral pathways with other dental and medical providers.
- Participates in the review and revision of program policies and to help ensure implementation of policies and procedures in the dental clinic.
- Provides clinical oversight to clinical support staff in the day to day operations and dental practices.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensures that services provided meet agency customer service standards.
- Adhere to and support agency occupational health and safety polices, programs and directives.
- Successful completion of a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from a university recognized by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and eligible to practice clinical dentistry in Ontario.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in working in a clinical dental practice treating adult and senior patients.
- Must be a current member in good standing with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff and clients.
- Empathy and sensitivity to the needs of the target population.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools and diagnostics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards and relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and covering letter, via email, by September 6, 2022 to:
Sandy Dack, Procurement Officer
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.