We are excited to announce an opportunity for a HARP certified Dental Assistant to join our exceptional team, centrally located in the vibrant city of Mississauga, Ontario. If you’re dedicated and passionate about dental care, we welcome you to be a part of our dynamic practice in this thriving urban hub.
Dental Assistant Job Summary
• As a Dental Assistant, you will support the dentist by setting up equipment, preparing patients for treatment, managing dental material inventory, performing lab work, and maintaining records. Your role is vital in ensuring the efficiency and quality of our dental practice. General Accountabilities
- Patient Preparation: Prepare patients for dental procedures by sterilizing instruments, setting up trays, and assisting the dentist.
- Documentation: Record treatment information in patient records and manage dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Medical History: Document patient medical and dental histories, including vital signs.
- Emergency Response: Assist the dentist during medical or dental emergencies.
- Postoperative Care: Provide postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
- Inventory Management: Monitor and report dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Impressions: Perform custom impressions and preliminary impressions for study casts.
- Lab Work: Execute lab work, including pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Facility Maintenance: Ensure a clean and organized facility environment.
- Appliance Care: Clean and polish removable dental appliances.
- Flexibility: Perform other duties as directed by the Dental Office Director. Job Qualifications
- Education: Possess a post-secondary certificate from an accredited dental assistant program.
- HARP Certificate: Must hold a valid HARP (Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act) certificate.
- Experience: Ideally, have 1-2 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Be fluent in English. Proficiency in Spanish is a plus, and knowledge of other languages is also welcomed. Skills
- Empathetic, Attentive, and Polite: Demonstrate a caring and respectful attitude towards patients.
- Professional, Reliable, Punctual, and Committed: Maintain a high level of professionalism, reliability, and commitment to the job.
- Service Oriented with Multitasking Flexibility: Focus on providing excellent service while efficiently handling multiple tasks.
- Attention to Details and Organized: Pay meticulous attention to details and maintain an organized work approach.
- Communicative and Social Perceptiveness: Possess strong communication skills and the ability to perceive patients’ needs.
- Proactive and Energetic: Show initiative and enthusiasm in performing duties.
HARP certified Dental Assistant
How to Apply
Please send resume to HRMENDOZA@HOTMAIL.COM