The team at Barrhaven Dental Care located in Nepean, Ontario are looking for a passionate, hard-working Sterilization / Dental Assistant on a full-time basis.
The ideal Sterilization Assistant/ Floater for our team will be an essential part of the team by ensuring all dental instruments and equipment are disinfected and sterilized appropriately. The person we are looking for is excited to empower dental providers to deliver the finest and safest care to patients by taking ownership of the integrity of sanitation and infection control procedures and policies.
Learn more about our team and clinic here: http://www.barrhavendentalcare.com/
123Dentist is Canada’s largest majority dentist-owned network of dental practices with more than 425 locations nationwide and over 5,000 employees.
What we are offering:
- Full-time position status
- Permanent employment
- HSA will be provided after 1 year
- Uniform Allowance will be provided
- Equipment such as EZlase Diode Laser and Velscope
- Parking available and transit accessible
- Recognition through our monthly Ambassador program
- Mentorship and training from highly skilled, experienced dental professionals; a great opportunity to grow and excel
- Collaborative team and environment to help you succeed as a Sterilization / Dental Assistant. Working at Barrhaven Dental Care, you will experience a team-oriented environment as it is a massive part of who we are
• 32 hours per week
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an eager, passionate and energetic Sterilization / Dental Assistant to join our patient-focused, highly engaged dental family! This is truly a unique opportunity, as we are looking for a team player to engage in and further contribute to an exceptional dental practice culture, and who is motivated by delivering a high standard of care, fostering close ties to community and making a difference in the lives of our patients and team members. Willing to train the right candidate with no experience.
The ideal candidate is a friendly and highly motivated individual with a passion for patient care and dentistry. The candidate that will fit best within our dynamic dental family is friendly, kind, dependable, flexible, focused, detail-oriented and has a desire to grow within the practice to best support our patient philosophy and values.
Duties & Skills & Responsibilities:
- Completion of a certificate in Medical Device Reprocessing or similar program involving the sterilization of medical equipment a Dental Assistant Level 1 program
- Welcoming and seating patients in a friendly manner
- Setting up and taking down operatories
- Clinical chair-side assistant duties
- High standard of infection prevention/control and chairside assisting skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and attention to detail
- Self-Motivated and Customer Service Oriented
- Strong educational and respectful communication skills to patients and team
- Willingness to work and participate as an active team members
- HARP Certified, Infection Control (IPAC knowledge), WHMIS and all other applicable laws and regulations to provide a safe environment for patients and staff.
- Maintains patient relations through ongoing dialogue with patients before, during and after treatment.
- Collecting used and contaminated equipment, instruments, and supplies for sorting and decontamination.
- Manually cleaning supplies of contaminants, removing waste matter, and operating and maintaining decontamination equipment.
- Preparing and packing decontaminated supplies for sterilization.
- Monitoring and operating sterilization equipment.
- Examining supplies meticulously to ensure they are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Testing and reporting any issues or problems with the sterilization equipment.
- Sterilizing, preparing, wrapping, and organizing equipment into instrument trays for use during medical procedures.
- Preparing and delivering all necessary equipment and instruments for surgeries, examinations, medical procedures, and medical carts.
- Maintaining records of sterilization procedures, sterilized items, equipment maintenance, and supplies.
- Controlling the inventory, reordering supplies, and checking expiration dates.
123Dentist is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- HARP Certified, Infection Control (IPAC knowledge), WHMIS and all other applicable laws and regulations
- Willing to train the right candidate with no experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send us their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the JOB ID: 2597SA-ON-422