We are a brand new dental office in Oakville (opening April 2023). We strive to create a warm and welcoming work environment for our team while creating a world class dental experience for our patients.
We are seeking to hire a full-time, highly motivated and skilled Dental Assistant (Level I or II CDA) to our team. Level II preferred but we welcome applications from level I CDAs as well! Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about dentistry and helping patients achieve optimal oral health. The ideal candidate must have positive and friendly attitude, be a self-starter, energetic and enthusiastic about dentistry as well as work well within a team. Most importantly they must be willing to be part of the growth of our office! New grads are welcome to apply.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and set up treatment rooms for dental procedures
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment and surfaces in accordance with infection control policies
- Assist the dentist during procedures by providing necessary instruments, materials and supplies
- Educate patients on proper oral hygiene techniques and post-operative care instructions
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients
- Take dental radiographs
- Ensures all clinical and storage areas are clean, neat and free from clutter and prohibited/ unnecessary materials at all times.
- Perform routine office tasks such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and managing patient records
- Communicate effectively with patients, dental professionals and office staff
- Candidate will be cross trained to handle the front desk and related reception duties (ie insurance billing, updating patient records on Curve Dental, handling dental claims etc)
- Ensures all treatment plans are entered into dental software and presented appropriately to each patient.
- Monitors dental supply inventory on a weekly and monthly basis. Suggests effective action plans to maintain supplies costs within budget.
- Create and maintain patient relations with patients before, during and after treatment. Identifies and responds to dissatisfied patients with the appropriate recovery action.
- Perform iTero scans
We offer a competitive salary and opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are a driven and compassionate individual who is committed to delivering exceptional dental care, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) designation from the National Dental Association of Canada
- License with the NDAEB (National Dental Assisting Examination Board)
- HARP Certification
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and sterilization techniques
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid CPR certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and dental software
- Attention to detail and a commitment to patient satisfaction
- 0 – 1 year of experience minimum working as a dental assistant, we are willing to train the right candidate!
- Up to date immunizations
Nice to have (but not required):
- Experience with Romexis Imaging Software
- Experience with Curve Dental patient management software
- Experience working in a digital office
- Experience with digital scanning (iTero)
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with salary expectations.
Please include in the subject line “Dental Assistant App – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”