1 Part-Time Regular Position, 0.6 FTE (21 hours/week)
1 Part-Time Regular Position, 0.4 FTE (14 hours/week)
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (Parkdale Queen West CHC) is a dynamic, community-based health care organization serving mid-west downtown Toronto. Offering a broad range of services, including primary health care, dental care, harm reduction, health promotion, counselling, and community development programming, we are also committed to serving people who face barriers to health care, and we strive to reduce these barriers. We are seeking an experienced Dentist who share our passion for making a difference; you see this role as an opportunity to take the next step in your successful career while contributing to a vision of Inclusive Communities. Responsive Healthcare. Healthier Lives.
General Responsibilities: We are seeking a Dentist as a part of the Parkdale Queen West Dental Services. The Dentist will provide basic dental services mostly at our Queen West site, but on occasion at our site at Evangel Hall. This position will work exclusively with the Ontario Senior Dental Care Program, and the successful candidate must enjoy and be fully proficient working with all types of dentures.
Reporting Manager: Supervisor, Dental Services
- Performs complete oral examinations, formulates comprehensive treatment plans, informs clients and families of treatment plans, and obtains consent for treatment; completes documentation on Abeldent software
- Performs a broad range of dental treatments, including prescribing antibiotics and administering local anesthesia
- Operates dental x-ray machine and interprets x-rays; acts as the clinic’s Radiation Protection Officer
- Provides input into the development of program policies
- Fully proficient working with all types of dentures
- May mentor dental students
Note: Your availability on evenings will be until 7:00 pm on some days. There is the potential for full-time employment (35 hours per week).
- Graduate degree in Dentistry from a recognized university and a member in good standing of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working as a Dentist in a dental office.
- Membership with the ODA and willingness to register for IFH and NIHB.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the rest of the dental team and with clients.
- Ability to provide excellent customer services.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Comfortable working with a diverse client population including individuals who are street involved and who use drugs.
- 0.6 FTE: $110,965 to $130,367 per annum (will be pro-rated to a 0.6 FTE), plus Group Benefits and HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
- 0.4 FTE: $110,965 to $130,367 per annum (will be pro-rated to a 0.4 FTE), plus HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan) option.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining in a creative and dedicated team, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter in a single document (MS Word or PDF format only) to email@example.com, quoting “Dentist” in the subject line. Please submit your application by 5:00 pm on May 12, 2023. We truly appreciate your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a police vulnerable sector check as a condition of employment, however strong consideration is made to the type of offense. Employment is conditional upon having had a full series of COVID-19 vaccinations (2 doses, plus booster within 6-12 months) 14 days before starting employment.
PQWCHC is committed to the principles of access and equity. PQWCHC is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves and we highly encourage applicants who reflect Toronto’s Indigenous, LGBTQ2, racial, and cultural diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request. Parkdale Queen West CHC is in full compliance of the Ontario Human Rights Code and does not discriminate on the ground of records of offenses.